Data Analyst Intern
Location: Rochester, NY
A Little About Us: Our goal is to redefine “tutoring” by using data, insight, and extensive teaching experience to find solutions for our students. ConnectPrep is about connecting-connecting students, parents, instructors, and the community. We have bold ideas and an eye towards the future.
The Opportunity: Our team is on the hunt for a Data Analyst Intern. This is a cross-disciplinary role, both pedagogical and technical. You’ll engage with our team to validate and iterate on the models that drive our recommendations and analytics. Our Data Analysts develop knowledge of our algorithms, the technologies and platforms that support our products, as well as educational content across a variety of disciplines. This knowledge will be synthesized into actionable tests to build modules that will assist in identifying each student’s academic needs. You’ll engage with a group of team members that think outside of the box with the goal of improving education through the creation of a data infrastructure and insightful analytics.
What are we’re looking for?
- Creative problem solving, strong math/quantitative skills, and attention to detail
- A background in Applied Mathematics, Statistics, or Computer Science
- Brainstorm various ways we can gain insight through data about our clients using our product
- Experience with SQL, Pandas, or other fast analysis language
- Prior experience in data analysis or building pipeline tools in Python
- Some coding background and a strong interest in technology
- Ground floor opportunity with the CP team – help shape the direction of the company
- Be involved with a team that has bold ideas with the goal of reinventing education across the globe
- A super sharp driven team that has an eye on the big picture
- Tremendous growth opportunities, a fun environment, tech-driven
- We offer a chance to gain valuable experience, meet technology innovators, learn about the business side of our company
All applicants must be a U.S. Citizen or National of the U.S., an alien lawfully admitted for permanent residence, or an alien authorized to work in the U.S. for this employer.
ConnectPrep is an equal opportunity employer EEO/M/F/D/V.