Lead Software Engineer
A Little About Us:
ConnectPrep is an educational service company dedicated to providing the most effective educational experience possible. We are committed to change the way we look at education, by leading our students on a pursuit of academic excellence through innovation and dedication. We harness the latest advancements in online communications technology along with a cutting edge algorithmic software engine to create a tutoring experience that is more engaging and effective than any system currently used in the market today.
We are looking to add a new star to the team that shares our same commitments and ability to thrive at being the best. Do you want to Take Control of Your Future?
So What’s the Opportunity?
In this role you will have the opportunity to join a passionate team with the goal of building an education platform that will empower students globally to strive in their academic pursuits. ConnectPrep is looking for a talented programmer to lead our development team and build our analytics software as well as the next generation of iOS education games.
- Be involved in problem solving, developing metrics modeling, and taking an active role in collaborating with the rest of the team
- Write our full backend and API
- Build out game mechanics and apply sound software engineering practices
- Supporting an entire web stack
- Utilize user feedback and metrics to deliver iterations of software features
- Design levels, stories, and core gameplay
- Provide technical feedback and direction to management and graphic artists on screen layouts and design
- Build tools for graphics implementation
- Develop an entire game based on team collaboration and direction
- Introduce new UI design and ideas for our game platform
- Convert design mockups into code
- A competitive compensation package and equity opportunities to grow with our company
- Working in a small team environment of dynamic minds
What are We Looking For?
BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science or similar technical discipline such as Applied Math, Physics, or Engineering
- Have experience with a modern MVC framework, such as ASP .NET MVC, Ruby on Rails, Node.js
- Enjoy building front-ends with frameworks like Bootstrap, Backbone, Ember, AngularJS
- Experience with MySQL or similar relational database like PostgreSQL
- Test driven development
- Bug tracking, staging, log monitoring
- 2 + years of experience in designing multiplayer games or in software engineering
- A passionate gamer and someone who wants to push the envelope with cutting edge technology
- Strong math and quantitative skills
- Solid skills with data structures and algorithms
- Knowledge of MySQL TCP/IP, HTTP, and Unix experience
- Experience in building back-end architecture such as Python and PHP
- Proficient with Objective C and Cocoa for iPhone/iPad/and iPod Touch
- Background in mobile analytics (Google Mobile, Aspalar, Flurry)
- Experience writing and maintaining code using(C, C++,PHP, Python,AS3, Perl, etc…)
- Strong Flash, WordPress, Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator
- In-depth knowledge of (HTML 5, Oracle, and Ruby on Rails)
- Acute attention to detail and a passion for building quality web applications
- In-app purchase integration experience
How to Contact Us:
- All applicants must be a U.S. Citizen or National of the U.S., an alien lawfully admitted for permanent residence, or an alien authorized to work in the U.S. for this employer and must be currently enrolled in college/university degree program.
ConnectPrep is an equal opportunity employer EEO/M/F/D/V.